Trying to install InfluxDb 2.0 beta on Raspberry Pi 4b w/ 4Gb RAM

Using the instructions found here: https://v2.docs.influxdata.com/v2.0/get-started/ , I was able to download the arm version and place the executables in my PATH without issue. However, when I try to start the service with “influxd”, I get:

bash: /usr/local/bin/influxd: cannot execute binary file: Exec format error

This leads me to believe that there is a mismatch between the executable build and the rPi 4’s ARMv8 architecture. Has anyone else run into this? Are there instructions on building it locally?

Hopefully I’m just missing something obvious!

The current versions of InfluxDB 2.0 are 64-bit only. Most versions of the OS for Raspberry Pi are 32-bit, so they are not compatible. You will need to find a 64-bit version of Linux for Raspberry Pi and then install 2.0.

HTH,
dg

Thanks, that indeed explains it! I installed Gentoo (arm64) and it worked flawlessly. Maybe that could be added to the guide and/or docs? I would hate for anyone else to get stumped before they even get to the good stuff! :blush:

Thanks, I’ll look at updating the guide. I have, in recent days, managed to compile a version of InfluxDB 2.0 OSS for 32-bit Raspberry Pi, but it was not easy, and isn’t 100% functional. Yet.