Web ui after building influxdb2 from sources

Hi,

I am new to influxdb. I am using v2 in fedora with no issues. I wanted to use in raspbian and I had to build it from the sources. I have managed to do it and to setup the db.

Now when I try to access the graphical interface and it’s not working at all. When I check the rpm installed in fedora, I see there’s only two binaries: influxd and influx (client). I have both in raspbian system as well.

Any hint of how I could debug this further ?

Thanks a lot.

German.

Hi German,

How did you build influxd from source? The Makefile should ensure that the UI is built and linked into the server if you run make influxd.

I’d also say: Starting with 2.0.3, we have ARM64 builds available that should work on 64-bit raspbian. If you’re running a 32-bit system, be warned that the code will build, but it’ll panic under certain usage patterns. We haven’t dug into the root cause(s) of the panics and don’t have a plan for adding 32-bit support to the system.

Hi Dan,

thanks a lot for your answer. I am using “Raspberry Pi OS”, 64bits:

Luname -a
inux raspberrypi4 5.10.11-v7l+ #1399 SMP Thu Jan 28 12:09:48 GMT 2021 armv7l GNU/Linux

arch is armv7l

dpkg --print-architecture
armhf

that’s the reason why the binaries of the raspbian builds (arm64 arch) are not working in my install.

I have used these steps:

if there are builds for armhf, I would like to try them.

Best regards,

and thanks again for your answer and support,

German.

Hi,

apologies for the noise. I have not realized that armhf is indeed 32bits.

I will use the right vesion of raspbian.

Best regards and thanks for your support.

German.