Planning to convert to TSI1. I have two InfluxDB instances at 1.7.3, one was initially installed with 1.5.0 and the other with 1.6.0). Always using defaults, both on top of SSD’s.
I have some questions:
- Given a server with comfortable RAM size, will it be better performance-wise to remain in TSM?
- After I change the configuration to use TSI1 and restart InfluxDB, do I need to wait for current TSM shards to fill up before launching the conversion? I’m using 1-day shard duration on all databases.
- Or it will immediately start writing new TSI1 shards? If so, when the old shard is converted, I will have two shards for two periods of the same day?
- Can the conversion utility be launched with InfluxDB online, or it needs to be down?
- Do I need to remove any old indices directories?