How to access to the data by using InfluxDB add-on in Home Assistant

Hi all,

I’m using InfluxDB add-on in my Home Assistant.
I would like to have an access in order to ‘download’ the database or a way to make a query outside Home Assistant.

Anyone knows how can I do that ?

PS: I already tried to install influxdb (outside Home Assistant) but I can’t have an access to the database I’m using in my HA. If I do show databases, I have the following message:

ERR: unable to parse authentification credentials.

Many thanks! :smiley:
smilorel

Hello @smilorel,
Welcome!
Since it’s the add-on, it’s all managed by the addon’s settings. Please check out addon-influxdb/DOCS.md at main · hassio-addons/addon-influxdb · GitHub - the connection details are all defined in the homeassistant yaml.

influxdb/DOCS.md

I am not sure if or how smilorel found a solution but I have a similar issue and after days of searching am only more confused.

I want to access Influxdb remotely. It works just fine in Home Assistant on Nabu Casa platform. However, I want to connect to the db from an external app. The idea is to use the collected sensor data for analysis in python mainly.

First I need to connect to the Influxdb, but everything points to localhost:8086 which I know is blocked. I do not know enough about Home Assistant or Nabu Casa to attempt port forwarding. Most of the documentation seems to be written by and for computer scientists and even the couple of books I have found assume a high level of intricate knowledge. Is there any step-by-step guides to setting up remote access to Influxdb integrated into Home Assistant as an add-on and running on Nabu Casa?

The second thing is to learn Flux as the python integration seems to force this.

Anyone got any strightforward instructions for a simple guy?