Gatlingdb is not forming in influx db

I have installed influxdb on ubuntu 18.04 and enabled the graphite however it is not creating the db. this is the change i made in configuration

[[graphite]]

enabled = true
database = “gatlingdb”
retention-policy = “”
bind-address = “:2003”
protocol = “tcp”
consistency-level = “one”
templates = [
“gatling.... measurement.simulation.request.status.field”,
“gatling..users..* measurement.simulation.measurement.request.field”
]
however when i start my influxdb and type SHOW DATABASES it is only showing _internal

Hi @roshni,

It’s my understanding that until data is actually stored into the database, it won’t be created. Have you started sending data to this InfluxDB database yet? You can also look in /var/log/influxdb.log (or wherever you’re logging to) and see if there is any errors being logged.

Best regards,
dg

Hi @davidgs

Thank you for the reply. Actually the aim is to send metrics from gatling to influxdb,however it is not writing to influx. I tried looking my log file inside var/logs/influxdb but it is empty.

Hi @roshni,

Without a lot more information, it will be nearly impossible to debug what’s going on here. Maybe you can try answering these sections below in detail:

What are you trying to accomplish? Please provide as much detail as you can
What steps have you taken to achieve this?
What is the configuration for the various services you have configured (Telegraf/InfluxDB)
What error messages are you seeing?
Have you enabled logging and if so, what is being recorded in the log files?
What steps have you taken to try to debug this situation?

Other basic details:

Operating System
Software version(s)

Here’s a great guide on how to provide detail: How To Ask Questions The Smart Way

Best regards,
dg

Hii @davidgs,

Thanks a lot for you informations and sorry for the late reply. Actually my issue is resolved the issue was i checked whether the database was formed without running gatling. Through your reply i realized my mistake and now it is resolved. Thanks a lot again.

1 Like

Hi @roshni can you please tell me the configuration of Gatling that you are using. I am facing the same issue but after running the Gatling scripts I am not able to see anything in influx DB.
I am also not able to configure the logs of influxDb. I am using windows10. Please suggest.

Hi @davidgs,

I’m new to Influx, guide me on this.

I installed and configured the Grafana and Influx guided by the official Gatling real-time monitoring guide, but due to Influxdb 2.0 I’m stuck. And didn’t go further. If I run the Gatling script I didn;t see any data populating on the bucket I created.

What are you trying to accomplish?
Try to integrate Graphite-InfluxDB-Grafana

What steps have you taken to achieve this?
Update gatling.conf as mentioned on “Gatling - Realtime Monitoring

Try to set up a config file. I stuck there.

What error messages are you seeing?
I didn’t see any data on InfluxDB and no logs are available on /var/log/

Hello @Sheron_Sgj,
you linked to the config telegraf with an output plugin for InfluxDB.
I believe you want to use the file plugin instead.
I also recommend using the --test flag when running telegraf and setting debug=true in the agent portion of your config.