Correct version for Raspberry PI models

RPIs use ARM instruction sets and can be 32 or 64 bit.
Is the Influxdb ARM download,

influxdb-1.8.0_linux_armhf.tar.gz

suitable for all these?

Yes, armhf is the right version. From what I’ve seen, running a 64-bit OS on an RPi is still quite rare (pi 4 - 64-bit OS on Raspberry Pi 4 - Raspberry Pi Stack Exchange)

Thanks for the reply.
I found online os dependant install instructions for InfluxDB and the right version, in my case Buster, was installed. However I am not so certain about the influx_client and that is what I and my code, is struggling with.

from influxdb import InfluxDBClient

Is erroring in my python code with

No module named influxdb

Hello @peterb,
Can you please share the output from the pip install? pip install influxdb Requirement already satisfied: influxdb in ./anaconda3/lib/python3.6/site-packages (5.0.0)? I don’t get any errors:

python 
Python 3.6.9 |Anaconda, Inc.| (default, Jul 30 2019, 13:42:17) 
[GCC 4.2.1 Compatible Clang 4.0.1 (tags/RELEASE_401/final)] on darwin
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.
>>> from influxdb import InfluxDBClient
>>> 

I’m following the installation instructions as listed here.
However please note that this client isn’t maintained. Please use this client instead.

To write data to v1.x with the latest client please note:

• Query InfluxDB v1.8 or greater
    Server URL still remains basic: http://:8086/ for querying.

To query to v1.x with the latest client please note:
If you plan to use this new client library with InfluxDB 1.8 or greater, here are some important tips about gathering the required authorization parameters:

• Bucket Name: There is no concept of Bucket in InfluxDB v1.x. However, a bucket is simply the combination of the database name and its retention policy. So, you can specify this by providing the InfluxDB 1.x database name and retention policy separated by a forward slash (/). If you do not supply a retention policy, the default retention policy is used.

For example: a bucket name of telegraf/1week allows you to write the InfluxDB 1.x database named “telegraf” with a retention policy named “1week”. Similarly, telegraf / or telegraf allows you to write to the InfluxDB 1.x database named “telegraf” and the default retention policy (typically autogen ).

• Token: In InfluxDB v2, API Tokens are used to access the platform and all its capabilities. InfluxDB v1.x uses a username and password combination when accessing the HTTP APIs. Provide your InfluxDB 1.x username and password separated by a colon (:slight_smile: to represent the token. For example: username:password
  • Org: The org parameter is ignored in compatibility mode with InfluxDB v1.x and can be left empty.

Thanks for your input. I would like to close this thread as I have another in the forum discussing this problem.
https://community.influxdata.com/t/import-influxdbclient-fails-in-python-code/14239/8
However a comment on your last post. The client link goes to a Influxdb 2.0 repository, can that be used with 1.8?