Influxdb and influxdb-client armhf packages incompatible

I have a Raspberry Pi running stretch, and just tried to upgrade influxdb and influxdb-client. I get the following errors, even when I remove everything and try to reinstall (in either order):

dpkg: error processing archive /var/cache/apt/archives/influxdb-client_1.0.2+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb (–unpack):

trying to overwrite ‘/usr/bin/influx’, which is also in package influxdb 1.7.9-1

dpkg-deb: error: subprocess paste was killed by signal (Broken pipe)

Errors were encountered while processing:

/var/cache/apt/archives/influxdb-client_1.0.2+dfsg1-1_armhf.deb

E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

Unfortunately, removing installdb-client also wiped out my scripts as well.

Hi @BKFC,

If you download the package from our downloads page, or using the InfluxData repository, it will install both the database influxd and the CLI influx, as well as some other tools. There is no need to install another package.

Based on the error you shared, it looks like you first installed InfluxDB 1.7.9, and then were attempting to install influxdb-client_1.0.2, which looks like an old version of the client that is part of the Debian package repositories.

The error is telling you that dpkg cannot overwrite the influx binary that was included with the 1.7.9 package with the influx binary included in the older client package. You do not need the older client.

Thanks - that appears to work. I keep forgetting that influxdb is not part of a standard repository for my purposes.

1 Like

Hi
I have the same problem but stil no solution.
My error

Bezig met uitpakken van influxdb (1.8.0-1) over (1.6.4-1) …
dpkg: fout bij verwerken van archief /var/cache/apt/archives/influxdb_1.8.0-1_armhf.deb (–unpack):
poging tot overschrijven van ‘/usr/bin/influx’, wat ook in pakket influxdb-client 1.6.4-1 zit
dpkg-deb: fout: subproces plakken werd gedood door signaal (Gebroken pijp)
Fouten gevonden tijdens verwerken van:
/var/cache/apt/archives/influxdb_1.8.0-1_armhf.deb
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)
pi@raspberry:~ $

How can a make it running upgrade