Azure Monitor Collection

hey there!

I need to grab data from Azure Monitor to InfluxDB.
NOTE: I cannot use Grafana Azure plugin, as this solution by passes InfluxDB, and the data must go to InfluxDB.
I’ve tried to check Azure CLI, but it does not apply to Azure Monitor service.

Not sure about Telegraf plugin…

Any thoughts? Anything will be helpful…

Thanks in advance.

Hello @fefers,
What type of data?

I can suggest using a client:

Could this be useful to you:

Hi @Anaisdg.

thanks for the quick response.
Looking at this as example:

I need exactly the opposite. All data collected from Msft Azure Monitor, must go to InfluxDB.

As I said. I could use Grafana plugin, to show Azure data. But going to this solution, it by passes Influx, and my intention is to make Azure data goes to InfluxDB.

The closer topic found about what I need:

@Anaisdg
in summary, this is what I need:

Azure Services — data metrics --> Azure Monitor — data metrics --> InfluxDB

I also found this:

but regarding to the article, I need to create a InfluxDB on Azure… but I already have InfluxDB, outside Azure, and just need to grab the metrics data from Azure Monitor…

Hey there! any thought here?

We’re actually up against the exact same problem here.

Our solution uses many Azure resources (e.g. CosmosDB, Service Bus, etc.) and we want to get the metric information for them OUT of Azure Monitor and INTO InfluxDB so we can visualize them in Grafana.

Yes, Grafana can read directly from Azure Monitor without InfluxDB but it only gives us a month before the metrics are gone.

I might have to write a custom script for node.js or Python and run it periodically to get what I want. It’s unfortunate since Azure Monitor’s REST API is a bit of a pain.

Hi There,

I saw the same query on Microsoft forum: Refer_Link

Hope it helps.

Although i’m not sure how it would work for Multi-tenant Environments.

Hi Again,

My requirement is to export Azure Monitor Metrics and Azure Costing details available via Azure Consumption API into InfluxDB from our multi AD setup. After that visualize it in Grafana.

So far, could find two alternatives:

1. Telegraf Event Hub Consumer Input Plugin
  2. Fluentd - Azure Monitor Metrics Input Plugin

There are a few concerns around these options.

• Do these input plugins support Multi-tenant Azure Setup, if so how do we achieve it?
    Are we to add separate SPN details per tenant?

• Can we fetch out Cost usage details as well using these plugins? Any other plugin or alternative available to fetch it from azure (either via REST API,Event Hubs or any other solution)?

@Anaisdg Any Suggestions?

Hi all! Telegraf currently doesn’t have an input plugin to gather data from Azure Monitor or Azure costing details. There is support for Azure Event Hub, but that is different data and a different API

We use Github issues to track feature requests and one has been made for Azure Monitor. See Input Plugin for Azure Monitor · Issue #7930 · influxdata/telegraf · GitHub. That issue is the best way to get information on Azure Monitor support. You can subscribe to notifications there and Github will tell you when there are any updates.

Could everyone here check that issue and see if it is what you’re looking for?

Thanks!