Happy Monday and welcome to our InfluxDB Community. This is our weekly time to welcome new members to the InfluxDB Community, giving you some getting started tips, give you updates on where you can find Influxers in the wild, and share articles, podcasts, and videos you don’t want to miss.
Be sure to jump in and say hi! Introduce yourself in a comment reply to this post and tell us how you’re using InfluxDB. We’ve got some great resources for getting started that you can find in our Community Forum Resources. This week we have our Community Office Hours, a time where you can come and visit with a panel of Influxers in real-time on a video chat (this week we have our resident IoT expert David Simmons) and our Intro to Time Series webinar.
If you have any questions or need help, search or browse the forums. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, just ask. Feel free to take a minute to respond to this thread and introduce yourself as well.
What’s happening next week & looking ahead
August 21 - Intro to Time Series webinar - Join us for an intro to time series where you’ll learn what time series data is, what your options are for using time series data, and how InfluxDB handles time series data.
August 21 - Community Office Hours - Bring your questions and chat with Influxers in real time during our office hours at 10:00 am PST.
August 21 - Open Source Summit - Influxers will be coming to San Diego - stop by and say hi!
August 22 - Transitioning from your RDBMS to a Time Series Database webinar - Jason Sewell and Tony Gaskell from Sudokrew join us to talk about how they made the transition to a time series database.
August 25 - VMWorld - Stop by and say hi if you’re at VMWorld.
Articles, Podcasts, Videos, and News To Catch Up On
- How to output data from Flux to MQTT Natively|
- Reproducing a Flaky Test in Go
- InfluxDB 2 Migration Path: Instrumentation
- Release Announcement: InfluxDB 2.0.0 Alpha 17
- InfluxDB and Kafka: How InfluxData Uses Kafka in Production
- InfluxDB and Kafka: How Companies are Integrating the Two
- InfluxDB vs. Splunk for Time Series Data, Metrics & Management
- Minimize Downtime in Production with Cloud-Based Distributed Load Testing
- Getting Started with Model-Driven Telemetry
- The Algorithm That Ties Together Google Maps and InfluxData’s Giraffe
If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out and let us know!
– The InfluxDB Community Team