Happy Friday, and welcome to the InfluxDB Community. For those of you in the US, have a great Labor Day weekend! This is our weekly welcome designed to help you get started on our community forum, give you updates on where you can find Influxers in the wild, and to share articles, podcasts, and videos that we liked. For being a part of our community, you can join us at InfluxDays San Francisco, October 2-3 and save 20%! Just use promo code
COMMUNITY to get your discount. We’ll have Influxers, 3 of our InfluxAces, and amazing community members as well as talks that you won’t want to miss.
If you’re new, say hi to us and let us know how you’re using InfluxDB by just replying to this post. To help you get up and running quickly, we have our Community Forum Resources. This coming Wednesday morning, we’ll host our Intro to Time Series webinar, a great time to learn about all things time series and InfluxDB. It’s live and you can ask questions in real-time.
If you have any questions or need help, search or browse the forums. If you don’t find what you’re looking for, just ask. Feel free to take a minute to respond to this thread and introduce yourself as well.
What’s happening next week & looking ahead
September 4 - Intro to Time Series webinar - Join us for an intro to time series where you’ll learn what time series data is, what your options are for using time series data, and how InfluxDB handles time series data.
September 4 - Time Series SF Meetup - Network Monitoring with InfluxDB - Join Daniella Pontes to talk about using InfluxDB to pull together your events and metrics that matter.
Articles, Podcasts, Videos, and News To Catch Up On
Since it’s a holiday weekend in the US, here are a few extra articles to catch up on!
- InfluxDB Community Office Hours - IoT Edition with David Simmons
- Rapid IoT Prototyping with Google Cloud Platform, RuuviTags and InfluxDB Cloud 2.0
- Writing Data to InfluxDB with Python
- Minimize Downtime in Production with Cloud-Based Distributed Load Testing
- How InfluxDB and Flux Gather Meaningful Insights from Time Series Data
- How To Process Time Series Data On GCP
- Red Flags of High Carnality in Databases
- Using Flux to Write Data Out to SQL Data Stores
- Hiding Complexity with Custom Functions: Calculating Heat Index
- The Algorithm That Ties Together Google Maps and InfluxData’s Giraffe
- Monitoring Kafka in Kubernetes (without Prometheus)
- Home Automation OpenHab Persistence with InfluxDB and Grafana
- Telegraf Socket Listener Input Plugins
If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out and let us know!
– The InfluxDB Community Team