The usage of input.sphere for resourcepool

As from the README state that it is now supported for resource pool metric, I’ve seen that resource pool metric
refer to this #6782

Configuration from README file https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/plugins/inputs/vsphere/README.md

## Resource Pools
  # datastore_include = [ "/*/host/**"] # Inventory path to datastores to collect (by default all are collected)
  # datastore_exclude = [] # Inventory paths to exclude
  # datastore_metric_include = [] ## if omitted or empty, all metrics are collected
  # datastore_metric_exclude = [] ## Nothing excluded by default
  # datastore_instances = false ## false by default

## Datastores
  # datastore_include = [ "/*/datastore/**"] # Inventory path to datastores to collect (by default all are collected)
  # datastore_exclude = [] # Inventory paths to exclude
  # datastore_metric_include = [] ## if omitted or empty, all metrics are collected
  # datastore_metric_exclude = [] ## Nothing excluded by default
  # datastore_instances = false ## false by default

Logs from Telegraf

telegraf    | 2023-04-27T03:39:34Z I! Loading config: /etc/telegraf/telegraf.d/vsphere-metrics.conf
telegraf    | 2023-04-27T03:39:34Z E! error loading config file /etc/telegraf/telegraf.d/vsphere-metrics.conf: error parsing data: line 150: key 'datastore_metric_include' is in conflict with line 82d
             telegraf exited with code 1

which means that it’s the duplicate attribute on the configuration file, what is the exact name should I use to be able to gather resource pool metrics? https://github.com/influxdata/telegraf/blob/master/plugins/inputs/vsphere/METRICS.md#resource-pool-metrics

oof that is a mistake in the readme, it should be

## Resource Pools
  # resource_pool_include = [ "/*/host/**"] # Inventory path to resource pools to collect (by default all are collected)
  # resource_pool_exclude = [] # Inventory paths to exclude
  # resource_pool_metric_include = [] ## if omitted or empty, all metrics are collected
  # resource_pool_metric_exclude = [] ## Nothing excluded by default
  # resource_pool_instances = false ## false by default

Thanks a lot for the reply, let me try this and will update later.

Thanks jpowers, this has been resolved. Will you or someone will update to README?

Already done: docs(inputs.vsphere): Resolve copy/paste typo with resource pools (#1… · influxdata/telegraf@7436575 · GitHub :slight_smile: