[[processors.dedup]] dedup_interval ignored

Hey everyone, I’m trying to use the dedup processor with Telegraf (version 1.24.2). Here’s my current config:

[[processors.dedup]]
  ## Maximum time to suppress output
  dedup_interval = "30s"

And my “agent” config:

[agent]
  interval = "10s"
  round_interval = true
  metric_batch_size = 1000
  metric_buffer_limit = 10000
  collection_jitter = "0s"
  flush_interval = "120s"
  flush_jitter = "0s"
  precision = "10s"
  hostname = ""
  omit_hostname = true

And my input/output plugins (sorry for the extraneous information, just want to be complete):

[[outputs.influxdb_v2]]
  alias = "sensor-data"
  urls = ["https://us-central1-1.gcp.cloud2.influxdata.com"]
  token = "$INFLUX_TOKEN"
  organization = "Thalo Labs"
  bucket = "sensor-data"
  content_encoding = "gzip"
  data_format = "influx"
  [outputs.influxdb_v2.tagpass]
    state = ["ACTIVE"]
    data = ["true"]

[[inputs.socket_listener]]
  service_address = "udp://:$SENSOR_DATA_PORT"
  data_format = "json"
  json_time_key = "time"
  json_time_format = "unix_ms"
  json_name_key = "sensor"
  tag_keys = [ "state" ]
  [inputs.socket_listener.tags]
    data="true"
    node = "$BALENA_DEVICE_NAME_AT_INIT"

It seems that the processor is successfully filtering out duplicate metrics however the dedup_interval portion of the config is ignored, or perhaps I don’t understand correctly what it is meant to do. I am under the impression (from the comments and code in telegraf/dedup.go at master · influxdata/telegraf · GitHub) that the dedup_interval should allow me to specify a period of time where a metric will be published regardless if it is a duplicate…so for example if I have all identical readings every 10s for 5 minutes (30 metrics total) and I have a dedup interval of 30s…then the number of metrics that get published should be 10 (5 minutes / 30s) identical metrics. The behavior I am observing is that only 1 metric is published no matter how long the period and no other metrics are published unless there is a change or I restart the telegraf instance.