Influxdb not populating Home Assistant DB for Grafana

As an Nooby i am trying to understand & setup InfluxDb & Grafana, i complete what i believe to be configuration in HA and Influx db and watched many video and i keep getting Influxdb error Bad Request in Grafana. I have checked Http settings password etc they seem fine. When i check the explore in Influxdb home assistant autogen is there but it is not showing any domains or entities. Any advise would be appreciated as to where i am going wrong, would be of help.

I’m sorry, but I didn’t understand the problem from this jumble of sentences. :expressionless:

Basically:

• Don’t just download any configurations from the internet without understanding them.
  • Proceed systematically, starting from the data source to the destination.
  • Forget Grafana for now, start at the data source.
  • Reduce the complexity until something works. Then increase the complexity again.
  • Do you use Telegraf? Then start there.

A few things to note:
Homeassistant pushes to InfluxDB, either 1.X or 2.X. Check out the required configuration in Homeassistant:
https://www.home-assistant.io/integrations/influxdb/
Then check if the data actually arrives there, log in to InfluxDB and do a data query. If it’s there, good. If not, look at the Homeassistant logs if it pushes or if there’s a network issue, a wrong login etc. Please note the Homeassistant config for InfluxDB 1.X is quite different from InfluxDB 2.X.
Check InfluxDB logs.
When teh data arrives in InfluxDB, then it should get through to Grafana, IF you have set up the connection between Grafana and InfluxDB correctly. At this point this has nothing to do with Homeassistant or InfluxDB.

1 Like