I recently upgraded a 1.8.10 installation to InfluxDB V2.5.1 on a Debian 9 machine. bolt-path, sqlite-path and engine-path have been re-directed to a custom path by modifying respective configuration files.
Initially, the configuration pointed to the default directories:
- bolt, sqlite and engine pointed to /root/.influxdbv2
When starting InfluxDB in this initial configuration via sudo systemctl start influxd, I was able to display the influx server-config without any problems.
However, after re-directing the path to the custom one, it is not possible to display the server-config; I get a “401 unauthorized” error. I CAN log in via the web-UI and admin user.
Things I tried (all lead to error 401):
- influx server-config
- sudo influx server-config
- created new operator token in web-UI (All purpose token). With this token
- influx server-config -t
- sudo influx server-config -t
- Changed ownership of custom directory from root to influxdb and back
Note: not only “influx server-config” does not work, but as it seems any critical “influx”-command throws 401.
Now I am lost. Any help appreciated.