Creating a new Operator token: InfluxDB V2.0

Hi there,

We have a an influxDB setup in a linux machine whose operator token was removed. We’d like to have a new one created, but I wasn’t able to find anything in the documentation. Is it possible to create a new operator token? if so, how it’s done?

Thanks a lot!

Hello @Filipe.Nunes,
Welcome! What version are you using?
Have you tried creating one in the UI?

Hi @Anaisdg

I’m using version 2.0.7
Regarding the creation of the token with the UI it does not allow the creation of an Operator token which is the one I need. It only allows the creation of an all access token or a read/write token, neither allow performing certain operations like adding a new user, backups and others.

It’s not currently possible to create an additional operator token outside of the one created during the setup process, see: Manage API tokens in InfluxDB | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation

Right. I saw that on the documentation but I was wondering if there was an undocumented way to do it. Because right now we have a system that has no operator token and no way to create one. This is naturally a huge problem as there’s no way to do certain operations like adding new users rendering the current setup unusable for new users. So what’s the way to salvage the system without having to setup a new one?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’m having trouble finding my operator token. I’m trying to programmatically config my influx via bash scripts using the influx cli. How or where can i find my operator token?

edit: i think i may need to programatically set my token like here:Install InfluxDB | InfluxDB OSS 2.6 Documentation