Chronograf opening up TCP connection to Heroku IP address

I’m trying out chronograf and I’ve noticed that it’s opening up a TCP connection to a different IP address every time I restart it. The IP address always routes to a Heroku page that says “There’s nothing here, yet”. Is this expected behavior? I’m very surprised with its default config to find it reaching out to an external address.

I used the latest debian package to install chronograf and simply started the service. This is Debian Wheezy.

@Kyle_Ames Its reporting some anonymous usage statistics to our reporting service. You can see some details in the following links:

You can disable this behavior by setting the REPORTING_DISABLED=true environmental variable.

Thanks for the fast and thorough reply! I remember now that InfluxDB does the same thing. I should have looked closer at the runtime arguments, oops! Thanks again for your time!!

It’s not documented anywhere except here thanks to you asking the question! Thank you for reaching out!