Announcing InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 Beta

Today’s a pretty exciting day for InfluxDB as we announce InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 Beta is now live. This release includes everything in the InfluxDB 2.0 alpha 9 release but as a fully-managed cloud offering.

We’re offering everyone a free tier during the beta period so you can try it out and provide feedback. It is still in beta, it’s not meant for production use, but the more people use it and provide feedback; the more feedback we receive, the faster we can iterate and prepare it to GA. Plus, everything you share helps develop InfluxDB 2.0 Open Source.

Your feedback will help us improve and InfluxDB Cloud so we can deliver the most powerful solution for your time series data, so please share your thoughts on:

• Onboarding: How was your experience and how could it be better?

• Data ingestion: How was the process of connecting to your data? How could we make it easier?

• Data visualization: What dashboards would you like to see in the product? How can we enable better dashboard sharing?

• Rate limiting: What do you think about the free tier of the service? What did you like the best? What would you like to see improved?

Read the announcement on our blog, learn more in the getting started guide or go ahead and sign up for a free trial. Be sure to let us know what you think.

Hi @thomcrowe ,

thank you very much for the free tier !!
it makes it a lot easier to try out both versions without having to install
the alpha release on my local server.

It took me only 5 minutes to get the database up and running and to ingest data from my local server using telegraf .

My telegraf now sends data to my local 1.7 database and the remote 2.0 database ,

a very usefull tool is the generate all acces token which made it possible
to use only one token for everything.

best regards , Marc

1 Like

Hi, I’m just starting to use this new release, looking nice.
In the getting started guide on Flux Design Principles (Get started with Flux and InfluxDB | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation) it shows an example saying that the result of the query will return data stored from the last five minutes, but the query says |> range(start:-1h) if I’m not wrong, that says “get me the last hour data” ?

I believe this is an error. I’ll raise this with our docs team.

Thanks for the heads-up!

1 Like

Could I use AWS Private Link with InfluxDB Cloud 2.0 ?

Hey Guillaume. It’s not available yet.

Cheers!

Hi, awesome product.

Does it still on beta? If yes, is there any estimation of public release?

Thanks

InfluxDB Cloud is now GA and suitable for production workloads

Hi, is there any “ready to use” Jmeter plugin or an example Jmeter JMX project that is able to make Jmeter 5.x send data to InfluxDB 2.0 cloud?

The default Jmeter’s backend listener of org.apache.jmeter.visualizers.backend.influxDbBackendListenerClient has no way to send the client magic token in request header.

Thx.