Alerts from Influxdb to Jira

Hi everyone,

I’m currently using an InfluxDB OSS installation in a Kubernetes cluster (version v2.7.1) with the official helm chart. I’ve also set up an Edge Data Replication bucket to bring data from my home to my cloud, which is working perfectly so far.

However, I’m now looking to create alerts for when a value hasn’t been emitted for a certain amount of time (e.g. 2 hours). The values come from my home-assistant Z-Wave network with the help of zwave-JS-ui. Sometimes, due to radio interference, the devices drop packets and un-join the Z-Wave network, which requires manual resetting. To address this issue, I want to receive a notification in Jira to stay up-to-date.

First, I checked out this method to open a ticket in JIRA with CURL, which worked fine. I also created a “Deadman Check” under Alerts in InfluxDB, with a notification endpoint (HTTP with basic auth) and a notification rule, then I edit it like this. However, I’ve noticed that the alerts sometimes work and sometimes don’t. When the alert isn’t working, the service inside the pod isn’t reporting any errors either.

Has anyone else tried something similar with similar results? Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!