Visualize data inside grafana-geomap panel

Hi everyone,

i got a influx-cloud-bucket “example-bucket” which has the following structure:

1. "example-bucket":
  2. _measurement : list of sensors
  3. _tags =(“Longitude”, “Latitude”): these two tags give me my geographical locations in a float format
  4. _field =(“measurementofthesensor”): this field shows the measurement of the specific sensor (f.ex. humidity => 30 %)

right now i have a problem to visualize that data inside grafana via the flux query syntax after i have more knowledge with sql. The problem i have is that if i change to the table view in grafana it only shows me two columns → 1. the timestamp column and 2. a column with every tag and _measurement with the according value. Because of that it wont register where my geographical values are.

I tried to transform the values. But this wont change a thing after it is not seeing these tags and _measurement as seperated things.

Another question i have is if it is usefull to save these longitude and latitude’s as tags or if it is more common to store them as a _field?

Hello @Seventeen,
It makes more sense to store them as fields because you might run into runaway series cardinality problems.

You might enjoy these blogs if you come from a SQL background:

right now i have a problem to visualize that data inside grafana via the flux query syntax after i have more knowledge with sql. The problem i have is that if i change to the table view in grafana it only shows me two columns → 1. the timestamp column and 2. a column with every tag and _measurement with the according value. Because of that it wont register where my geographical values are.

I’m having trouble understanding this. Can you maybe share screenshots of what your data looks like now and mark the shape that it needs to be in?