Telegraf SNMP problem w/ Influx & Grafana

Hi All,

Relatively new to telegraf, influx and grafana…but I have a working environment and have been getting my sea legs over the past couple weeks. Very fun!

I’m trying to pull in some SNMP data from a firewall via SNMPv3 and running into a few problems. I have an existing firewall that works with this setup, and started to expand on the SNMP data to get some additional fields, so I added the configuration below.

[[inputs.snmp]]
agents = [ “:161” ]
version = 3
sec_name =
auth_protocol = "md5"
auth_password =
sec_level = "authNoPriv"
context_name = “ctxname_vsid6”

[[inputs.snmp.field]]
name = "hostname"
oid = "RFC1213-MIB::sysName.0"
is_tag = true

 [[inputs.snmp.table]]
    name = "snmp"
    inherit_tags = [ "hostname" ]
    oid = "CHECKPOINT-MIB::fwIfTable"

    [[inputs.snmp.table.field]]
       name = "ifName"
       oid = "CHECKPOINT-MIB::fwIfName"
       is_tag = true

When I run the ‘telegraf --test’ command it looks like its working.

snmp,ifName=wrp386,fwIfIndex=7,hostname=,agent_host=,host=wprdigraf fwAcceptBytesOut=139260731i,fwDropPcktsOut=15i,fwLogIn=212716i,fwAcceptPcktsIn=332688i,fwAcceptPcktsOut=590835i,fwAcceptBytesIn=72058743i,fwDropPcktsIn=77146i,fwRejectPcktsIn=0i,fwRejectPcktsOut=0i,fwLogOut=10803i,fwIfName=“wrp386” 1519138444000000000

So to me this looks right. Right?

I go into Grafana and I setup my graph. All of the fields show up…I populate the query as I normally would… but I get no data from it. From the Query Inspector this is what I’m sending into Influx.

“SELECT derivative(mean(“fwAcceptBytesOut”), 1s) FROM “snmp” WHERE (“hostname” = ‘’ AND “ifName” = ‘wrp386’) AND time >= now() - 5m GROUP BY time(2s) fill(null)”

…complete output and result below.

xhrStatus:"complete"
request:Object
method:"GET"
url:"api/datasources/proxy/4/query"
params:Object
db:"telegraf"
q:"SELECT derivative(mean(“fwAcceptBytesOut”), 1s) FROM “snmp” WHERE (“hostname” = ‘’ AND “ifName” = ‘wrp386’) AND time >= now() - 5m GROUP BY time(2s) fill(null)"
epoch:"ms"
data:null
precision:"ms"
response:Object
results:Array[1]
0:Object

Hoping for some assistance from the group. I think I’m on the right track, and I hope its something small. Just can’t figure it out.