Send logs to InfluxDB and use log viewer of Chronograf

Hi all. I want to store my logs from the .log file in Influx and have opportunity to view there. I read articles about it, but has some questions. Can I parse log file with grok and use custom columns? For example package of java application (not specific for SYSLOG). Will I can to visualize it?
Another question: Is Chronograf work on InfluxDb 2.0? Because I try to find it on the download page, but only find it in 1.x section.

@EvgenyAfanasev, you can write the InfluxDB 2.x logs to a file by redirecting stderr to a file:

influxd 2>/path/to/file.log

To process the logs, I’d suggest using I’d suggest using Telegraf and its Tail input plugin which reads data from a file and lets you use grok patterns to process it. You can then use Telegraf’s InfluxDB v2 output plugin to output the logs to InfluxDB 2.x or Cloud.

Will I can to visualize it?

You should be able to visualize it, but it depends on the how it’s structured and the query used to query the log data out.

Is Chronograf work on InfluxDb 2.0?

Yes, definitely! Here’s the documentation for how to set it up: Use Chronograf with InfluxDB OSS 2.1

You should be able to visualize it, but it depends on the how it’s structured and the query used to query the log data out.

Is it means that I can use only name columns from syslog specification ?

Telegraf lets you process and update the data before you write it to InfluxDB. If you want to customize it, you could go that route. I don’t know the default schema that Telegraf uses to write syslog data to InfluxDB.