Repository does not exist when using yum releasever

If I specify yum --releasever=7.9 , it fails with:

https://repos.influxdata.com/rhel/7.9/x86_64/stable/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno 14] HTTPS Error 404 - Not Found
Trying other mirror.

Looking at the InfluxDB repository, it seems to be missing minor versions in the structure…

Hi,

That is correct, our package repos do not try to keep up with every single minor release from RHEL, CentOS, or others.

Also unlike RHEL or CentOS minor versions where older minor releases do not change, that is not the case for packages from our repo. All distros in our repo get the latest packages after a release. In the end, the package you get is the same no matter what release.

If you are curious, you can go look at the specific versions here: InfluxDB - Package Repository

Thanks!

Hello.

Thank you for you answer.
I had a look at the repository in the first place, this is why I reported the problem here. :slight_smile:

The problem I see is that using yum is advertised on Install InfluxDB OSS | InfluxDB OSS v1 Documentation, however, it does not actually work with releasever option.
IMO you should fix this (by creating the appropriate repository structure) or stop advertising support for yum.

I have removed InfluxData repository from my system as it does not work for me.

BR Igor