Pushing open tracing data in Jaeger or Zipkin format to influxdb and visualization of the traces using Jager / Zipkin / chronograf

Have anyone tried pushing the open tracing data in Jaeger or Zipkin format to influxdb and visualization of the traces using Jager / Zipkin / chronograf. It is said to be already working in the Future Plans section of Adding Support for Zipkin and Tracing to Telegraf and InfluxDB | InfluxData but i am not able to see any setup guide for setting up the visualization of the traces using Jager / Zipkin / chronograf.

I’m wondering the same thing. That blog post makes it sound like Jaeger is already supported, but I don’t think it is. It looks like there isn’t a UI that you can currently use.

Is anyone able to successfully use the Zipkin plugin to visualize basic metrics on Chronograf?

Although New TSI engine is out, but i still don’t think Influx can be used as a backend for Zipkin or Jeager. Let me know if i am missing anything. My last analysis is 4 month old. :slight_smile:

Interesting. I am curious then why the plugin exists for the public if it does not work.

Currently, the Zipkin Telegraf plugin can be used to store trace data in InfluxDB; you can query it back successfully in the CLI, but at the present moment, Chronograf cannot be used to visualize that trace data - there aren’t any trace visualization types built out yet. That’s definitely something we’re working on for the future though.