Out of memory while Retention Policy runs

Hi all,

I have encountered very weird problem with InfluxDB :frowning:
Once Retention Policy starts it breaks the instance with error: out of memory. I have tried on both t2.medium (4GB) and t2.large (8GB) in AWS. Influx is in docker

Additionaly I have setup also new database and tried to remove shards manually by DROP SHARDS and effect was the same after removing few shards - also getting info about out of memory.

I checked couple of posts already about the problem, eg. https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb/issues/38 and the problem with high memory (unlimited) consumption seems to be real.

Few additional data needed:

• shard groups duration - 7d

Hi @robert.grzeskowiak,

Can you please provide a heap profile from your instance when it begins the costume too much memory, please?

Unfortunately, these problems are very difficult to debug and we canโ€™t really do much without the profile.

InfluxDB API reference | InfluxDB OSS 1.8 Documentation

Hi @rawkode

I dumped heap profile. Just wanted to attach it, unfortunately got the info that as a new community user I cannot add attachments. Please find it on google drive: output_heap.gz - Google Drive

Hi,

I have downgraded inflxudb from 1.8.0 to 1.5.4 and it works like a charm in older version. Looks like a bug in newest release.