Is it possible to downgrade from 1.7 back to 1.6?

Hi all. I upgraded from 1.6.4 to 1.7 two days ago, and I’m having major issues with memory usage and I/O load with the new release.

I noticed in the release notes that the on-disk format of TSI indexes changed. Does that mean it’s not possible to go back to 1.6.4?

I will enter issues but right now I have to figure out how to get things working…

@sloach Can you please open an issue on the InfluxDB issue describing the high CPU usage? Including a CPU profile in the issue description will help us narrow down the problem faster.

Generally, InfluxDB can be rolled back to a previous release unless there is a breaking change noted in the changelog.

I also want to add, there was briefly a bug in the nightly releases of InfluxDB between the 1.6.4 and 1.7.0 that would cause corrupt TSM files to be generated in some scenarios. If you ran a nightly release, please mention that in the issue.

Thanks, I opened an issue.

1.7.1 was just published. We believe that should address this issue.

Please give that a shot.

In terms of downgrade, you can…the only thing that you will need to do is to rebuild the TSI index if you are using that.

I was facing the same challenge when upgraded influxdb to 1.8.9 on raspbian buster OS so I have to downgrade back to 1.8.5

please try the instructions I mentioned