First of all, I apologize for my lack of proficiency in both English and understanding InfluxDB documentation as I am a beginner in both. Also, if I have misunderstood the purpose of using this community forum, I apologize.
I have two questions:
Is support for InfluxDB OSS 1.x still ongoing? The latest information I could find, a blog from 2021 at the following URL, states that “InfluxDB 1.8 will continue to be maintained and receive defect fixes through the end of 2021.” Does this mean that support ended at the end of 2021?
[InfluxDB OSS and Enterprise Roadmap Update from InfluxDays EMEA | InfluxData]
If support has ended, I am currently using version 1.8.0. Would it be preferable to upgrade to 2.x or wait for 3.x? From what I’ve briefly researched about version 3.0, it seems that the effort required to upgrade from 1.x to 3.0 might be less.
At this point, we are conservatively opting to delay upgrading unless there are issues with support discontinuation or vulnerabilities. The CVEs that target versions before 1.8.10 do not seem to be a problem in my environment currently.
Thank you for your assistance.