Influxdb service is not running on debian

Hi,

I’m new to the influxdb community would appreciate some help with setting an evaluation server.

I have a VM running on GCP, image: Debian, Debian GNU/Linux, 9 (stretch), amd64.
After installing the latest 1.7 build, I added a user and edited the influxdb.conf file to have it listen on the standard port. If I manually run influxd I can use a remote machine to hit it without any problem using the user name, but when I tried to start the influxdb service, this is what i got when checking the status:

influxdb.service - InfluxDB is an open-source, distributed, time series database
Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/influxdb.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
Active: active (running) since Tue 2019-12-24 19:10:00 UTC; 4s ago
Docs: InfluxDB OSS 2.6 Documentation
Main PID: 5700 (influxd)
Tasks: 10 (limit: 4915)
CGroup: /system.slice/influxdb.service
└─5700 /usr/bin/influxd -config /etc/influxdb/influxdb.conf
Dec 24 19:10:00 influxdb-vm systemd[1]: Started InfluxDB is an open-source, distributed, time series database.

At this point I’m not able to hit it from my remote, it appears influxdb is not listening so the connection request is not served.

Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot?

Can you please share the config and also the output from the folly command?

journalctl -u influxdb --no-pager

Hey thx for the note! I saw an earlier post about using sudo to unpack the installer package may create a folder with the sudo privilige which could cause access problem, this appears to be the issue. influxdb process exit with code=1 from journalctl output. By usinig apt-get I was able to install and start the service without any issue, cheers!

1 Like