I’m currently testing backup and restore with influxdb 1.1, and having issues with it.
- Backup db -> bck1
- delete data in db
- insert data in db
- stop influx
- Restore from backup
- start influx
- Expected: Changes done after backup (delete, insert) are not visible
- Observed: All the changes are still visible!
- Work-around: if I drop the database before restore, I see everything as expected.
Has anybody an idea why that happens?
I don’t get any error message, and - as described above - everything works fine if I drop the database first.
For details on the commands I’m using, pls. see below
The commands, I’m using
- backup: influxd backup -database
- delete data: done with influx, drop series
- stop database
influxd restore -metadir /var/lib/influxdb/meta
influxd restore -database -datadir /var/lib/influxdb/data
sudo chown -R influxdb:influxdb /var/lib/influxdb
I checked what’s going on on file system level.
There, new tsm-files have been created from the backup.
The names are different than the existing ones, so the “old” and the “new” tsm files both exist.
If I manually delete the “old” files I see the expected results.