How to get alerts/notifications when telegraf is dead /unable to send metrics from server

If data collection is not happening when using telegraf agent, how will i get notifications?.
Is any special features available with telegraf, or do we need to use any options to get telegraf self status.

Hi,

Currently, there is no alerting directly from Telegraf. I believe a common scenario is to have your reporting mechanism (e.g. InfluxDB or grafana) alert you if metrics stop coming in or go below a certain level.

If you are running Telegraf as a service, you could check to ensure that the service is running. However, if Telegraf is erroring because something it is trying to monitor is down or a file is unable to be parsed you would need to review the telegraf logs themselves.

Hope that helps!

Hi, @Jay_Clifford
Thank you for your support!
Because my production environment decides to update conveniently, different mqtt topics use different telegraf configurations and put them in the telegraf. d directory and the data monitored by different topics and telegraf configurations enter different influxdb bucketsfor easy updating
I wonder if this plan can be realized? The problem with my local debugging is that I only sent a message to an mqtt topic, All telegraf conf received messages, causing all the data of the influx to be stored in buckets,It looks like mqtt topic topic matching mechanism fails :hear_no_evil:

Yes, Correct, i got the same kind response from other forum.
if telegraf not sending any data, then kapacitor will trigger alert( for that we have to setup the deadmon notifications)