Trying to configure grafana to use InfluxDBv2.
When connecting I see this:
I have done the following:
- Confirmed InfluxDB is listening on 8086 on localhost
- tested telnet access to Influx 8086 to see the tcp port is open.
- Performed a “influx query” with my token, this worked.
- Tried “Basic Auth” with the same login creds for InfluxDB
- tried a bad username I know does not exist - same error
- tried a bad ip / port I know is not listening on the host - same error.
What is strange to me is grafana uses the word “Database”, however I see no where in InfluxDB where there are databases. Is a bucket a database? What would be causing this problem?
Why am I getting this error?
One more note. Grafana is running as a docker container, InfluxDBv2 is running as a systemd service on the host. Is this a network issue? I tried doing a docker exec into grafana but there are no tools for me to test (telnet, nc) to see if it can connect to localhost:8086, any recommendations?