Error during telegraf.conf file executing (Modbus communication between InfluxDB and Modbus Server)

Hello community.
I want to launch modbus communication between InfluxDB and Modbus TCP Server. After starting telegraf.conf file (approximately 1sec) I see next message:

E! [outputs.influxdb_v2] Failed to write metric to ModbusPLC (will be dropped: 400 Bad Request): invalid: Please provide either orgID or org

If I understand correctly, in telegraf.conf file I should provide “organization” parameter.
When in [outputs.influxdb_v2] field I type: organization=“Random” I see exception and cannot start telegraf.conf file

E! [outputs.influxdb_v2] Failed to write metric to ModbusPLC (will be dropped: 404 Not Found): not found: organization name “Random” not found

What should I do launch this file correctly?

It is my first experience with InfluxDB, so any information will be usefull for me.

Hardware: PC with Windows10 64bit.
Modbus TCP Server: Modbus Slave version 6.2 (localhost:502)

This means that while connecting to the influxdb server that organization was not found. Have you created this organization? Telegraf will not create it for you.

When you created credentials for telegraf you were probably already logged in and part of an organization, do you know what the name of that org was?

Thank you for your answer. I just did’t create irganization. As I said before, it is my first experience with InfluxDB.

1 Like