Deleting Data in InfluxDB2 fails

Hi,
I have a problem regarding data deletion in InfluxDB2. I tried the command influx delete ... but this fails with the following error:

Error: Failed to delete data: unable to delete: cannot delete data. DB contains shards using both inmem and tsi1 indexes. Please convert all shards to use the same index type to delete data.: cannot delete data. DB contains shards using both inmem and tsi1 indexes. Please convert all shards to use the same index type to delete data.
See 'influx delete -h' for help

How can I convert those indices? I found nothing in the docs. And the -h command is not helpful with this problem.

Secondary question: Does this happen due to the fact that I started collection data with InfluxDB1 and migrated this data? Or is this not related to the upgrade process?

Hi @chris_b
I don’t know why there is two type of index in your influxdb, but there is a doc for better memory management in this link. The point is it shows how to convert indexes to tsi1.
I hope it helps you.

Hi,
thanks for your reply. Unfortunately influx_inspect buildtsi is not available on InfluxDB 2.x and I didn’t manage to find any equivalent.