Creating user for login into chronograf

Q1: How to create user to login into chronograf and remove no auth?
Explanation: Currently once i have installed chronograf, i can access the chronograf ui without login. We do find [oauth],
but is there a simple username/password authentication mechanisum (Security Best Practices | InfluxData Documentation Archive)

Q2: Just for exploration i wanted to look in to chronograf sqllite db /var/lib/chronograf/chronograf-v1.db, but sqllite viewer ask for the sqlchipher, what it the sqlchipher key?

Q3: Chronograf give pre buit dashboard in form of json in /usr/share/chronograf/canned , but how to use them?

Hi @bhuvangu !

For your first question, we only support authentication via an OAuth2 provider at this time. In addition to Github, Google, and Heroku, you’re able to configure any OpenID-compatible Oauth2 provider. Okta is a good choice if Google, Github, or Heroku doesn’t work for your use case.

As to your second question, we actually don’t use sqlite, which is why the SQLite Viewer is very confused. Chronograf uses BoltDB for persistence. Since Bolt leaves encoding up to applications, there isn’t an equivalent CLI viewer. However, you can view the contents of the database by navigating the API that Chronograf exposes. You can find the documentation for that at http://<host:port of chronograf>/docs.

Finally, canned dashboards are available for hosts that have Telegraf running on them. At minimum, you need to have the system and cpu plugins enabled in your Telegraf configuration for the host to appear in the Host list. To enable a particular dashboard for a host, you need only configure and enable the corresponding Telegraf plugin on that host. When configuring the source within Chronograf, ensure that the database name configured in the field depicted below matches the database that Telegraf is writing to (by default telegraf).

—Tim