Clear data from influxdb

Hello There,

I am new to influxdb, can you please let me know how I can remove data from measurement from influxdb hosted in docker container like below.

docker exec -it influxpod – influx {clear data from measurement }

please help me how I can don this, yes we are working on API part but it will be helpful if I get some guidance for above command.

Regards,
Samurai

You should be able to use the standard CLI commands with the Docker container, there’s some documentation on how to delete data here: influx delete | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation

Just as a quick example, a command like this should work, assuming you have a config setup with your token. There are other configuration options you’ll want to take a look at in the delete docs:

docker exec -it influx_container_name influx delete --org org --bucket bucket --start 2009-01-02T23:00:00Z --stop 2009-01-03T23:00:00Z

Thank you wbaker

can you help if we can delete specific measurement from host in influxdb container like below

docker exec -it influx_container_name influx DROP measurement workers

if yes where and how I can provide db name in above command,

also is there any way to store only latest data I can see if I trigger queries it gets duplicated records with new time stamp for example

1123 worker new-timestamp
1123 worker old-timestamp

because of this I am planning to remove data first and insert new each time when my script is executed.

Please guide.

Regards,
Samurai

To delete specific data like data with a certain measurement, you can use the --delete flag to specific a predicate. There are some examples at influx delete | InfluxDB OSS 2.0 Documentation which illustrate what you are wanting to do.