I was wondering if there is any way to rename the label on chronograf cells

ThankYou

Federico

Absolutely @Federico_Olivieri!

1. Move your mouse into the Cell you want to edit
  2. Click on the ‘pencil’ icon in the upper right corner
  3. Choose configure from the drop-down
  4. Click in the Cell-Name field at the top, and enter the new name
  5. Hit tab, or enter, and the new name will be applied.

HTH,
dg

Hi David,
Thanks for your reply. Probably my question was not such clear. I meant the labels of the graphs. For each graph, as label I have the query I run

ping.mean_average_etc_etc

Hope I made it clear now :slight_smile:

If I understand correctly, you want to change the name of the label when you hover over the graph. You can do this by using AS.

For example:
SELECT mean("usage_guest") AS "mean_usage_guest" FROM "telegraf"."autogen"."cpu" WHERE time > now() - 1h GROUP BY time(:interval:) FILL(null)

gives me a graph that displays cpu.mean_usage_guest when I hover.

That’s great! Thanks Katy. What about the labels on the bottom left in my scree? seems they take just the last part of my host (.1, .1.128, etc)

Can I see your full query? Also, can I see a screenshot of the pop-up that shows when you edit a cell?

Sure.

Here the full query:

SELECT mean(“average_response_ms”) AS “average” FROM “telegraf”.“autogen”.“ping” WHERE time > :dashboardTime: AND (“url”=‘amazon’ OR “url”=‘facebook’ OR “url”=‘google’) GROUP BY time(:interval:), “url” FILL(null)

Here the screen:

Thanks! Based on what I see here, the aliases in your static legend should update along with your the aliases in the hover legend.

So is it a bug? :frowning: Can I use the AS to rename the URL?

Let me try a few more things. I haven’t seen the URLs represented quite like this before.

Perfect! Thanks a lot. Let me know if you need for something

1 Like

I was able to reproduce this, so I think it’s worth filing an issue to resolve it. Would you be willing to file a GitHub issue here with some explanation?

1 Like

Sure I will! Thanks for your help

1 Like