I’d like to modify Telegraf to load a configuration from a REST service, and could use some advice.
- Would it make more sense to:
- Write an input plugin that checked for updates, downloaded new config files, and sent a SIGHUP to reload the configuration (relatively simple, but not what an input plugin is meant for) or
- Modify the core service, similar to the reload modification (more complex, but more appropriate to the architecture)
- Is there any interest in this feature? Should I open a pull request and submit it back to the community?
- Is anyone else already working on something similar and interested in collaborating?