Archiving of Historical Data

Hi there, I am looking to archive historical data (Shards that have been filled with data) from a high resolution TSDB (1 - 12 month RP) to another TSDB while retaining information i.e no down-sampling.

I would like to have these two databases store data on separate drives but would be open to know what the best practices are for archiving information.

Two solutions I have seen are:

1. Have another measurement within the same DB with a different RP (This solution would not be very memory efficient)

2. Use Influx Cloud to backup/archive information.

2 Likes

Can you mail me the solutions which you have explored, we can discuss it “gangulyaditya127@gmail.com

1 Like

I also have this need. We have a 1yr retention policy on our database, which keeps it functional, but in fact we want to archive the older data and have some way to query it as well. So far we have used a semi-satisfactory approach of just copying the Influx files away to other storage, which the knowledge that we could stand up an Influx server on top of those files if we do want to query it.

I would love to hear how others are approaching the problem of long-term storage of data from an Influx server.

1 Like