I recently upgraded my influxdb instance from 1.8 to 2.5 using the procedure below:
The upgrade appeared to go smoothly and, reviewing the upgrade.log file, I don’t see any errors. I then started the influxd service without issue. However, when attempting to query using the CLI, I am getting 404 Not Found errors. When I pass in the --http-debug option, the version in the HTTP response still shows 1.8 and then the text 404 Not Found. For example, issuing the following command:
Have you downloaded the V2 CLI? The old CLI will no longer function against InfluxDB 2.X. I would also open a browser and see if you can access http://localhost:8086 on the server you installed InfluxDB on :).
Running the test of using the web browser, I get the same “404 page not found” error when I type in http://localhost:8086. My instance is using TCP port 8006 so I actually had to type http://localhost:8006. I turned on the Network analyzer in Firefox to capture the header in the http response from the Influx server. It showed the same behavior as above, where it is indicating that the X-Influxdb-Version is 1.8.10.
The response to:
systemctl status influxdb
shows that it is active (running) since Tue 2022-11-22. I’m not sure if you’re looking for any additional information from that command that would indicate a specific error. I may be wrong, but I don’t think it would’ve responded to the version command if it wasn’t running.