Write_client.write failure after Jan 16, 2024 on influxCloud with big base64 image payload in field

Hi, we are using influxdb-client==1.36.1 and write_api(write_options=SYNCHRONOUS) to a influxcloud hosted bucket. The payload of write is a dictionary. Occasionally we need to add a field with a base64 image (around the 200K characters). The code worked perfectly well on and before Jan 16, 2024 but any datapoint with such a large payload will not appear in the database afterward. I’ve checked the write always return None. I did not get the callback to work. I also see there is still balance in the account. What can be wrong in this situation?

I did some test with a new bucket. It seems if a field has more than 64*1024 characters, the datapoint get lost. I noticed the “Plain text string. Length limit 64KB.” in documentation and it seem the rule is strictly applied last week?

data_point = {
    "measurement": "testBigPayload",
    "tags": {
        "container_id": "1",
    },
    "fields": {
        "somedata": 1,
        "someBigData": "j"*(64*1024+1*1),
    },
    "time": datetime.datetime.utcnow().isoformat("T") + "Z"
}

write_client = influxdb_client.InfluxDBClient(url=url, token=token, org=org)
write_api = write_client.write_api(write_options=SYNCHRONOUS)

try:
    apiWriteResult = write_api.write(bucket=BUCKET, org=org, record=data_point)
except:
    pass
    print("influx API write error")

Hello @DeqingSun,
I believe you’re right.
However InfluxDB v3 has much better support for this.

Unfortunately my test in V3 api also fails.

point = InfluxDBClient3.Point("testBigPayload").tag("container_id", "1").field("somedata", 1).field("someBigData", "d"*(64*1024+1))
client.write(point)

This code does not throw any error but the data just won’t appear in the database