What is the best practice of influxdb database structure with many servers?

I am using TIG stack and want four servers to be monitored by grafana.
The primary concern for me is to have a nice grafana design that can show me system resource and useful
nginx log data.

So far, I have made four different influxdb databases that each stores all the information I gather from the specific server like below:
cpu
disk
diskio
kernel
mem
nginx
nginx_access_log
processes
swap
system

And the problem is now I have to switch variables in grafana to see the graphs and I think it is going to be hard to manage it at some point when I start collecting other metrics. I talked about this with my senior engineer and his suggestion was to have two infludb databases(for system resources, and server logs respectively) not like the way I am doing with four databases that represent each server.

His advice seemed good but I have no idea whether it is a good practice for doing this as I find it difficult to have this kind of influxdb database structure. (He is not familiar with influxdb and telegraf). Can anybody tell me how can this be done beautifully?

p.s
You must have noticed english is not my first language. If it is hard to understand what I am asking, please let me know.