Telegraf SNMP data collection

I am new to TICK stack and exploring telegraf collection and ingesting in InfluxDB, my use case is to collect metrics from remote network device using snmp plugin. Being new struggling to understand section of the below snippet is creating a new measurement in Influx, also how can I configure config file to make hostname and ifName as tags and fields, have them created in one point rather different points of same measurement.

[[inputs.snmp]]
agents = [ “ip addr” ]
version = 2
community = “public”
name = “snmp_test”
[[inputs.snmp.field]]
name = “hostname”
oid = “RFC1213-MIB::sysName.0”
is_tag = true
[[inputs.snmp.table]]
name = “snmp_test”
inherit_tags = [ “hostname” ]
oid = “IF-MIB::ifXTable”
[[inputs.snmp.table.field]]
name = “ifName”
oid = “IF-MIB::ifName”
is_tag = true
[[inputs.snmp.table.field]]
name = “ifOperStatus”
oid = “IF-MIB::ifOperStatus”

Hello, I’m doing the same project that you are doing, what i did is i created a SNMP agent and I’ve put the IPs of all my routers. then i have added the OID that i need to monitor, you should be aware of the difference between snmp.field and snmp.table.field for example the name of the router is a single measurement so you put it as a field, but the interface name is a list of the names of all the interfaces of your device so it’s a table
regarding the tag you can tag any measurement you want, the idea of a tag is to have a reference of your measurements. for example what i did is i taged the IP of the device, the name and the name of the interface like this i can create variables in grafana