this is, i think a “noob” question about inputs.file plugin/behavior:
- if the file is increasing, i understand the plugin will send the data as it come and send the difference between the last time it was executed
- file contain 2 lines at 10am, plugin parse it and send the data
- file had 1 more line, plugin at 10:10am will parse it and send only the new line
but what happen if telegraf is stopped and restarted?
- does the plugin will reparse and only send NEW data or resend all data
is there a possibility for telegraf to parse a file and when finished to move it to another folder?
- in case of success -> folder “success”
- in case of issues -> folder “failure”
and many thanks for your enlightments