Static Legends don't actually appear on my notebooks

I didn’t know why but on my notebooks the Static Legend doesn’t appear even though I click the button.
Then I realised that the height defaults to 0%
If I may be so bold, that is not a sane default. If someone wants something to appear they would naturally expect it to appear on the click of the “Show” button. They are not expecting to have to fiddle with other values in order to get what the button appears to promise.

Hi @asmith - thanks for reporting this issue and apologies for the late response.

Yes you are right. It is not a sane default. Originally, the static legend was made only for the Data Explorer and not necessarily for Notebooks. Static Legend can certainly work with Notebooks, but as you have noted it requires fiddling with the height.

We will try to get a bug fix in for this to allow Notebooks to use a sane default for the height of the static legend. I don’t have a time frame on this fix but it’s on our radar.

@asmith This is fixed and has rolled out to production. Static Legends in Notebooks will start with some height, auto-calculated, upon the first time a user selects “Show” in the view options for Static Legend.