I’d like to setup a configuration where user A could access all data in a database, while user B can only access the last 3 days of data. However, I haven’t been able to find a solution so far. Here are my thoughts:
- It doesn’t seem to be possible to authorize users on retention policies, only on databases
- Updating the sensor to push to two different retention policies or databases is something I’d like to avoid as much as possible
- As far as I understood, continuous query will downsample data, while I’d like to have the exact same data (but only 3 days). And CQ have to be written for each measurement.
- It seems subscriptions can’t forward data to a different DB name on the same Influx instance
- Using a subscription to forward data to a different Influx instance where the retention policy would only be 3 days is an idea, but at the price of starting a new Influx process, and having to deal with the right influx connection depending on the user.
Is anybody having a better idea for this case ?