Rescue database from crashed container installation

Hi there,
i ran InfluxDB as an Docker Installation on a QNAP TS-251. Unfortunatelly an autamatic update to the Container Station has been made. After that all my containers crashed and I had no chance to start them up again.
I had to deinstall the whole Container Station and set it up new. Before that I saved the Shared Folder of my old InfluxDB container.
Now i installed a new Influx Container.
Is there a way to get my old data I saved from the shared folder into the new Influx installation?

Thanks a lot!

No idea? I can‘t believe i lost all my data :unamused:

Some additional information:
I use Influx version 1.7.5
The folder I saved contains the subfolders data, meta and wal.

In “data” and “wal” there are subfolders with the name of my database “openhabdb”

I now created a new InfluxDB Docker on my NAS and copied the subfolder into it. When i startet up the Docker, i could see in the console, that the subfolders were somehow recognized and scanned. But when i use the comman “show databases” only _internal is display.

Hi , have you copied the meta as well ?

I would stop the database , restore the meta folder from your backup and startup the database.

Yes, that worked! :slight_smile: At least i can see now the database with show databases.
So far, so good.
I now wanted to check if all the data is available. I started Chronograf and made a connection to my InfluxDB. That worked.
At the InfluxDB Admin menu i can see my database and my users. Everything seems to be fine.
But in the Explore menu there is now database available.

Hi I could reproduce this and after a refresh (F5 ) in chronograf the databases were back 

Are you still missing the databases ?

That`s strange. When using Firefox no databases are shown. With Chrome and Safari I can see now my databases but no Measurements & Tags

Again I`m having issues with my InfluxDB container.

After having trouble earlier this year I set up a new container. It ran very well. But two days ago, my NAS chrashed again. Result is, that the container doesn`t work anymore.
I can start it, but after a few seconds it stopps again.
This is what the terminal says.

It says “keys must be added in sorted order”. But I haven`t changed anything?

Hi @BurnyHa ,

can you share the line from the logfile from just before the panic line that says : Compacting file

ps I also see : indextype = inmem

Hey Marc,

I found this panic: keys must be added in sorted order · Issue #9596 · influxdata/influxdb · GitHub

I deleted the _internal folders and this solved my problem.

1 Like