Originally published at: https://www.influxdata.com/blog/release-announcement-telegraf-1-5-0/
A new feature bearing release for Telegraf is now available:
- Telegraf 1.5.0 -- release notes
Key feature highlights from the release include 15 new plugins:
- New Input Plugins:
- Bond -- captures network bond interface metrics
- Mesosphere DC/OS -- gathers metrics from the underlying DC/OS metrics component providing visibility into the cluster statistics.
Jolokia2 -- agent and proxy input plugins collect JMX metrics from an HTTP endpoint using Jolokia's JSON-over-HTTP protocol. The original Jolokia plugin is now deprecated in this release.
- Nginx Plus -- captures metrics and stats from the commercial version of the open source web server Nginx.
- OpenSMTPD -- gathers metrics from OpenSMTPD - a free implementation of the server-side SMTP protocol.
- Particle.io Webhooks -- allows developers to configure Particle.io Webhooks to call Telegraf and pass metrics via a JSON payload.
- PF -- gathers information from the FreeBSD/OpenBSD PF firewall.
- Postfix -- reports on the queue length (number of items), size (bytes used by items), and age (age of oldest item in seconds) for each of the active, hold, incoming, maildrop, and deferred queues on a Postfix mail server.
- S.M.A.R.T. -- gathers metrics using the command line utility
smartctlfor S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology) storage devices (v5.41 and above required). SMART is a monitoring system included in computer hard disk drives (HDDs) and solid-state drives (SSDs) that detects and reports on various indicators of drive reliability, with the intent of enabling the anticipation of hardware failures.
- Solr -- collects Solr stats exposed via the MBean Request Handler.
- TeamSpeak -- uses the TeamSpeak 3 ServerQuery interface of the TeamSpeak server to collect statistics of one or more virtual servers.
- Unbound -- gathers stats from Unbound - a validating, recursive, and caching DNS resolver.
- New Output Plugins
- New Aggregator Plugin
BasicStats -- provides count, max, min, mean, s2(variance), stdev for a set of values, emitting the aggregate every
- BasicStats -- provides count, max, min, mean, s2(variance), stdev for a set of values, emitting the aggregate every