Hi we have working with influxdb for long time and also contributed with some influxdb related tools like:
- https://github.com/toni-moreno/snmpcollector (Snmp generic collector in golang)
- https://github.com/adejoux/pSeriesCollector (IBM PSeries/Nmon Parser in golang)
- https://github.com/toni-moreno/cellhealth-ng (websphere metric collector in java)
- https://github.com/rsolorzano2410/sqlcollector (SQL generic collector in java)
- https://github.com/toni-moreno/resistor (A influxdb/Kapacitor easy frontend in golang)
And also planning migration to influxdb for some other collectors like this one for weblogic.( first made to send metrics to graphite)
- https://github.com/toni-moreno/domainhealth-ng (Weblogic collector in java)
We are worried about how much work should we spend to adapt our tools to influxdb2.
We have seen that the old influxdb client has been moved to a new location https://github.com/influxdata/influxdb1-client . Now we will need a new influxdb2-client.
How long show we wait for golang/java client libraries ??
Would be nice ( at least at write level) if you could create a new influxdbX-write-client, with support for both versions, to help developers the migration process.