Machine Learning integration or Anomaly detection with Kapacitor?

Hi,

I’m interesed about Machine Learning integration (tensorflow, etc) or if there is something internal implemented in InfluxData solution.

I’ve read a little about: http://docs.influxdata.com/kapacitor/v1.5/guides/anomaly_detection/

Kind Regards,

The only built-in function that’s relevant is a basic prediction model in Kapacitor.

I would suggest watching this webinar, where a third-party ML company explains how they work with Influx.

1 Like

Hey @fchiorascu,

Try this repo for Tensorflow integration. tensorflow-influxdb/managing-tensorflow at master · influxdata/tensorflow-influxdb · GitHub

2 Likes

Thank you, I’m interested on this topic.

All the best wishes.

2 Likes

Hi @Anaisdg, the tutorial is interesting, but it is not clear how to use it in production and how to integrate it with Kapacitor. Which is the workflow?

Hello @dtosato,

You would write a UDF script that would include tensor flow and then you would configure kapactor to run it. Try taking a look at this. Please let me know if this clarifies things. Also, if you’re interested in making predictions, I suggest taking a look at the built in holt-winters predictor.

Best,

Anais

1. Can Kapacitor stream data to our Python code. If yes, what is the interface? Is it UDF only?
  2. I am trying to run my ML forecast model for stream data. I want to use influxdb to store this stream data and my model should get the data from influx, predict and write back to influx. I know I can use python influxclient to do this, but I am looking for a way to run the model from the TICK and not as an independent python script. Can thoughts as to what I can use for this? UDF? Can UDF run keras?

Hello @priyamadhu,

1. It’s UDF only.
  2. Python isn’t currently supported server side with InfluxDB. However you can create a flux task and call your python script on an interval.

However, I recommend using the execd processor plugin above all for streaming forecasts.
Please take a look at the following resources for stream forecasting:

And let me know if you have any questions!!

Hello all,
Just wanted to point you to using Quix Cloud with InfluxDB for anomaly detection and predictive maintenance.

Thank you!