Kapacitor service not enabled

Hello I have the following problem when I try to configure kapacitor with Chronograf and influx db, everything works correctly I can send alerts on Slack or Alerta. For the moment when I stopped Chronograf service which contains the settings property i faced a issue .
In kapacitor i can see in the logs : [kapacitor ***service Alerta / Slack *** is not enabled]
in other words how to tell kapacitor to play the configuration present /etc/kapacitor/kapacitor.conf and not the settings in chronoaf DB.
I have the impression that this one is overloaded in influxdb

For information this the config kapacitor working wih alerta with chronograf

[alerta]
  # Configure Alerta.
  enabled = true
  # The Alerta URL.
  url = "http://serverwww3301.ovh.as44099.net:9443/api"
  # Default authentication token.
  token = "XXXXXXXXXXXXXXO93IEjffv5hOuPNT0C9zyl8du"
  # Default token prefix
  # If you are on older versions of alerta you may need to change this to "Key"
  token-prefix = "Key"
  # Default environment.
  environment = "production"
  # Default origin.
  origin = "kapacitor"

is there a way to work kapacitor and influxdb without chronograf service ?

Hello,

You can configure Kapacitor to subsribe to your database in the influxdb configuration in the Kapacitor conf file.

You can set multiple database subscriptions by repeating the whole [[influxdb]] block.

Configure that to use your database,. The enable tasks with Kapacitor:

1. Save your task as a .tick file

2. Copy to a location on your server

3. sudo kapacitor define TaskName -type stream OR batch -tick /Path_To_TickFile -dbrp YourDatabase.RetentionPolicy

4. sudo kapacitor enable TaskName

That should define your task and run it without the need for Chronograf.

you can track whether the tasks are running with

sudo kapacitor list tasks - Shows all defined tasks

kapacitor show task TaskName - Shows a breakdown of the nodes in your script, how many points are processed and if there are any errors

kapacitor watch TaskName - shows the task as it runs, any queries that are processed. I use this to check downsampling and make sure the queries completed successfully

Presonally i only use Chronograf to generate a base template for a script. Once i have that i copy it to an IDE and save it, removing the task from Chronograf afterwards.

Additional, i mentioned defining multiple databases. you don’t need to do this if you have 2 database’s on the same influx instance.

You can define one default database, but in your tick scripts you can specify a different database. you just need to update the -dbrp parameter to use the second database and retention policy.

Hope that helps

@hello Philb
thanks for your reply
I have succesfully enable my task like below:

kapacitor list tasks

ID                      Type      Status    Executing Databases and Retention Policies
Application-services-V1 stream    enabled   true      ["sys_metrics"."one_month"]

as a reminder when I configure kapacitor via the chronograf admin interface it works I just don’t want to connect to chronograf to configure my alerts since anyway I go to the command line
but whitout chronograf i have the following issue in logs kapacitor:
the config alerta is above this thread.

kapacitor version Kapacitor OSS 1.6.2 and alerta service : Alerta Release 8.7
ts=2022-01-17T14:32:35.419+01:00 lvl=error msg="failed to send event to Alerta" service=alerta task=Application-services-V1 err="service is not enabled"

I’m out of ideas if you have a lead it will help me a lot

regards

Julien

How to execute the func TestServer_DoServiceTest ?
in Kapacitor CLI ?

kapacitor service-tests alerta
Service Success Message
alerta false service is not enabled