Is it possible to create a new API token and specify the token to be used?

Is it possible to create a new API token and specify the token to be used?

The use case is that we have two OSS InfluxDB 2 servers in front of a load balancer and we’d like to query both with the same API key.

The token appears to be automatically generated, but I’m hoping there is a way to work around this.

Thank you in advance!

Hello @brettplarson,
Welcome!
No that’s not currently possible. I encourage you to submit a feature request:

Btw what are you doing with InfluxDB? Learning about community use cases makes my day.

@Anaisdg , I think he wants to make a load balance between the two or more InfluxDBv2 instances
That’s what I am trying to do recently.

In the InfluxDB 1.x, we can set username/password to access the same database name on influxdb servers via haproxy.

However, in InfluxDB 2.x, we can’t use the token to do the same thing, because we will get the different token when we create a new token in different influxdb 2.x servers.

The only idea I have is to copy whole structure from server1 to server2, but from time to time, the databases will get bigger and bigger, it is not convenient to create a new databases or token, then we have to copy a whole InfluxDB structure.

Or do you have any suggestions if we want to do the load balance between two or more influxDB 2.x servers?